God’s Tabernacle of Praise (G.T.P), a praise and bible-believing church, was founded on the 25th of July, 1993 by Apostle Ebenezer Sowatey Adjei with the mission of preaching the full gospel to all classes of people while supporting the less privileged with material aid with the aim of establishing them in the Lord.
Pastor Eben, affectionately called, received directions from the Lord to start the church upon fasting and waiting on the Lord. The church began with morning devotions held with his family and within three weeks, the Church had grown to a total of 39 members. Pastor Eben together with his wife, siblings, Pastor Francis and those who attended the morning devotions, embarked on three days evangelism in the Madina Firestone area from 22nd to 24th of July, 1993.
On the morning of 25th July, 1993, 75 adults and 25 children gathered for the first Sunday service of the church. This number was remarkable because friends and well-wishers had come to witness and support what Pastor Eben had told them that God had commissioned him to do. Three Sundays later, the number dropped to about 34 and that became the foundation number of the church.
G.T.P started under a borrowed two room canopy with hired chairs and within 5 months had built a shed to be used as a place of worship. Later, the shed was broken down and a 500 sitting capacity building with a one level gallery was built. This 500 sitting capacity building along with its offices is currently the headquarters of the church. The Church is at the moment putting up a 1500 seating capacity building which shall be the headquarters of the church upon completion.
Currently, the Church has 7 branches in Ghana and a branch in Togo. The headquarters runs two services on a Sunday; an early morning English service from 7:00am to 9:30am and a Twi and English service from 9:00am to 11:30 am